Location: Tampa, FL
Global Safety Management® (GSM) is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer at our rapidly growing company headquartered in Tampa, FL. Any U.S. company that purchases, sells or uses chemical-based products must produce mandatory Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels that comply with safety regulations (OSHA, DOT, EPA). Using our TotalSDS software companies can author, translate and manage SDS documents at a fraction of the time and cost of other systems. GSM makes the workplace and the environment safer by simplifying the creation of compliance and chemical information documentation.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology and building solutions. You own responsibilities and work with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You do things the right way the first time. You have a passion to mentor and drive technical associates to deliver quality products in an agile/scrum environment. You have a flair to set up a new process and bring in an innovative mindset to drive the team.
- Drive design, development, implementation, and documentation.
- Build, test, and deploy cutting-edge solutions at scale.
- Interact with GSM’s engineering teams across geographies.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, help set priorities, and deliver awesome products.
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work with senior leadership to chart out the future roadmap of the products.
- Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high-performing agile teams.
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams.
- Guide, Mentor team to build the quality product.
- Drive Operational Excellence for your product with high quality and proactive alerting and monitoring.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience in the design and development of highly scalable applications and platform development in product-based companies.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns.
- Proven experience running production-level applications on Azure or in the Cloud.
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Microservice Architecture and related stacks and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Agile/Scrum methodologies and DevOps.
- CI/CD pipeline development/environments/tools: Git, Nuget, TeamCity or Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership for the development and design of least one cloud-based project.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering, languages, and tools.
- Strong hands-on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to balance the long-term “big picture” and short-term implications of design decisions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Practitioner of Agile (Scrum) methodology.
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure. Individuals seeking employment at Global Safety Management are solely evaluated based on merit. All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No Recruitment Agencies Please
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org